Lulu's Tostadas

11:25 PM Unknown 2 Comments

I'm a sucker for any kind of Mexican food. It's definitely one of my weaknesses.

I got this recipe from my mother-in-law who is an amazing cook. These tostadas are super simple and easy to make. It takes about 5 minutes to throw everything in the crockpot in the morning, and by dinner, you have a delicious Mexican feast.

Enjoy!

Lulu's Tostadas

Ingredients:
6 boneless chicken breasts (whole)
1 whole bunch of cilantro (no need to chop unless you want to)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 onion, coarsely chopped
1 cup diced tomatoes
2 cups chicken broth
salt and pepper

Toppings:
Tostada shells
Slices tomatoes
Cojita cheese
Jack cheese
Sour cream (it's yummy if you add lime and cumin)
Seasoned black beans (or just the normal kind is good too. I like to warm mine with a few dashes of line juice)
Green sauce
Lettuce (if you want)

Directions:
Put all the ingredients in a crock pot and cook for about 8 hours.

Before serving, pull apart the chicken and mix everything together. Serve with toppings.

2 comments:

  1. I made these tostadas on Sunday, and they were a hit! We had friends over for dinner, and everyone loved them! I love a good, simple, crock pot recipe. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh, good call! This would be so easy, but tasty to serve to guest!

      Delete