Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (Eggless)

11:16 PM Unknown 0 Comments



Cookie dough is probably my favorite {insert category of food here}.  Dessert, sweet treat, snack, you name it.  Valentine's Day was right after we moved to Tokyo earlier this year, and my husband gave me probably the best gift ever: the ingredients to make cookie dough!  He had tracked them down for me in this new and very foreign (at the time) country.  We had been eating Japanese food for two weeks straight by that point (which is delicious, don't get me wrong) and I was in dire need of some cookie dough to compliment.  I fell in love with him all over after opening that gift bag of groceries.

That is me setting the stage.

Now, hold that thought, for an announcement!  I'm pregnant!  I'll be having our baby #2 here in Tokyo later this year.  We couldn't be more excited.  It's funny, since I don't know this baby yet, I find myself being the most excited to see Tagg with a sibling.  I think it's going to be such an adorable site to see the two of them together.  And, yes, I'm sure I'll love this baby independent of being "Tagg's sibling" at some point :)

Now, back to the stage.

So... now that I'm pregnant... what am I supposed to do with that bowl of cookie dough in my fridge?  (Yes, there is quite literally always a bowl of cookie dough in my fridge.  I don't even bother freezing it because we go through it so fast.)  Well, eggless cookie dough of course!

During my last pregnancy, in answer to this conundrum, I made my same old cookie dough recipes without the eggs, replacing them with a different liquid like milk or water even.  It worked in the sense that I still got the illusion of eating cookie dough, but if I ever subsequently wanted to bake that dough, it never really worked.

Then, this time around, pregnancy #2, I got smarter.  Turns out there is such a thing as eggless cookie dough, and even eggless cookie dough that bakes in to pretty great cookies!  After finding this recipe a couple weeks ago, I tweaked it a bit, and have been immensely enjoying it ever since  The-bottomless-bowl-of-cookie-dough-in-the-fridge is back!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (Eggless)

Prep 10 ∙ Cook 10 ∙ Makes 30 ∙ Source Elephant & Chick

Ingredients

  • 1 cup Butter, soft 
  • 3/4 cup Brown Sugar, packed
  • 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar 
  • 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 1/2 cups Flour
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/4 cup Boiling Water
  • 2 cups oats
  • 1 cup Chocolate Chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 350F (175C).

1. In large bowl, beat butter or margarine, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. Add flour and salt, mix well.
3. Dissolve baking soda in boiling water and add to mixture, mix well.
4. Stir in oats and chocolate.
5. Drop unto ungreased cookie sheet with a cookie scoop.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, until sides become golden. don't overcook.

Depending on the size of your cookie scoop, will make about 3 dozen cookies... if you bake them...

0 comments: