Pumpkin Cream Cheese Fruit Dip

2:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

I love baking with pumpkin.  You know how pumpkin comes in those huge cans and it's virtually impossible to use it all up in one recipe?  Secretly, it doesn't bother me, because I love having a reason to use lots of it as I bake in the Fall.   I noticed the other day that those cans are sized to make two 9" pies.  Well, I never actually make pies with my pumpkin, which means that during the Fall months I usually have a partially used container of pumpkin in my fridge at all times.  

If this sounds familiar to you, it's time to open that next can of pumpkin (or use the one you've already started that sitting in the fridge) and make this dip.  It is delicious.  Warning - the proportions I'm going to list below make a very large batch.  Because of that, we've been eating it all week, which has lead to eating it with other foods than just fruit - like a spread for pancakes.  Delicious!  The options are endless.  Whip up a batch for your family or the Fall party you're attending.  It's sure to be a hit without taking up a ton of your time to make.

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Fruit Dip

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ginger

Blend cream cheese and butter together until light and fluffy.  
Add powdered sugar and brown sugar and blend well.  
Add pumpkin puree and spices until combined.

Serve with graham crackers, gingersnaps, and fruit for dipping

Small tip: presentation is key when you take a food like this to a potluck party.  My advice: put the time you're saving with this treat in to making the presentation a little better than you normally would.  Cookies are easy, right?  Stack them on a plate, everyone recognizes them for the dessert they are, and they're gone by the end of the party.  Dip, turns out, is a little more tricky to make appear appetizing.  I didn't find these adorable cups until after our neighborhood get-together, which means I took the dip to the party in a bowl, with the fruit in a separate bowl.  I knew we were in trouble when the first comment was, "is that hummus?"  No... no it's not.  Good luck explaining that one.



0 comments: